We are delighted to announce that the registration for ECOPRODIGI’s Policy Seminar Carrots or sticks – what measures are needed to foster the implementation of clean shipping technologies? is now open!
The seminar is organised at the Forum Marinum Maritime Centre in Turku, Finland on Tuesday, 21 May 2019 and it focuses on the topic of clean shipping technologies and the methods that support their implementation. The seminar programme features speakers addressing the topic from the perspectives of both those working in the maritime industry and those involved in the policy side of the field. The purpose of the seminar is to engage participants from different backgrounds into fruitful discussion and to enhance dialogue between policy and industry representatives.
The highlights of the seminar include:
- Keynote: Protection of the seas and sustainable maritime logistics in Finland’s maritime policy by Eero Hokkanen (Senior Specialist, Ministry of Transport and Communication, Climate and Environment Unit)
- Keynote: Digitalisation – way to remove the inefficiencies in shipping by Tero Hottinen (Director, Emerging Digital Business, Cargotec Corporation)
- Panel discussion: Public and private sector actions in the digitalisation of maritime industry – who should steer the transformation?
- Presentation of ECOPRODIGI’s industry case focusing on optimising shipyard processes
A more detailed seminar programme can be downloaded HERE.
The seminar is free of charge, including coffee breaks (lunch at participants’ own cost). Due to limited number of seats at the venue, registration is required (see registration form below).
Who should attend?
- Authorities and regulators involved in maritime affairs
- Companies and associations working in the maritime industry
- Anyone interested in developing eco-efficiency and digitalisation in the maritime industry
- Gain insight into clean shipping technologies and the different measures and methods affecting their implementation
- Take part in the discussion on the future of clean shipping
- Connect and network with maritime industry professionals and policy makers
About the project: ECOPRODIGI Project Manager Milla Harju | Pan-European Institute at the University of Turku,
firstname.lastname@example.org | +358 (0)50 505 8625
About the seminar: ECOPRODIGI Communications Manager Emilia Tuominen | Centrum Balticum Foundation,
email@example.com | +358 (0)40 509 6444