On the 13th of November, ECOPRODIGI organised the project’s first webinar “European Green Deal: Setting the Course for Sustainable Maritime Industry”. The event focused on the the European Green Deal and its implications for maritime industry. In addition to the Green Deal objectives, the webinar provided insights into how digital tools and solutions can help reach the ambitious environmental targets set for the industry and what kind of policy measures are needed to support prosperous and sustainable development in maritime industry.
The webinar attracted a broad audience of participants from both from both the public and private sectors, and we’d like to thank all the participants for their interest! We want to extend special thank you to our brilliant keynote speakers Jutta Paulus (Member of the European Parliament), Christophe Tytgat (Secretary General, SEA Europe) and Peter Crawley (Research Policy Officer, Waterborne Transport, DG RTD, European Commission) for their time and contribution.
You can now watch a recording of the webinar and download some of the presentations via the links below. Please also visit our Publications section to access the reports and policy briefs discussed during the webinar.
- Welcome_Milla Harju, University of Turku
- Digital solutions for ship operations and logistics processes as an enabler of ECO-Efficiency_Niels Rytter, SDU AAU and Mads Bentzen Billeso, DFDS
- Ro-Ro Terminal Simulation_Mariia Dushenko, University of South-Eastern Norway
- Digitalisation roadmap for the maritime industry_Valdemar Ehlers, Danish Maritime
- Policy Briefs_Tapio Karvonen, University of Turku
- Research & Innovation as a Driver for Change_Peter Crawley, DG RTD D3, European Commission